Compelling Value Proposition
America cannot be an island, alone in a global sea. International students, the future leaders and ambassadors of their diverse nations, need to understand and appreciate the US culture and opportunities. At the same time, companies that operate in the global marketplace need access to information on the regional and national uniqueness, and access to a well-trained, top-ranked future workforce. International House Philadelphia’s Global Scholarship Program is a bridge to accomplish both goals. By sponsoring international graduate students, doctoral candidates or post docs, a corporation enhances those students’ appreciation for the US business world, while simultaneously gaining access to the wealth of specific national and cultural information these high-achieving students can provide.
Corporations sponsor student housing scholarships as an investment in the future. Companies with an international presence gain entrée to native wisdom, advice on dress and culture, connections, travel guidance and much more. At the same time, these companies burnish the image of the city of Philadelphia, our nation, and gain global friends.
International House Philadelphia (IHouse) has a critical three-fold mission: to maintain a diverse and welcoming community for scholars from around the world, while introducing them to the American experience; to broaden the horizons of its residents and the Greater Philadelphia community through high quality international civic and social interactions, arts and humanities programs; and to encourage understanding, respect, and cooperation among the people of all nations.
A truly unique "global" community, IHouse, in the heart of University City, is a top-ranked center for students, scholars and professional trainees from more than 85 countries, including the United States. Living here is a life-enriching experience. As members of its diverse, inclusive community, opportunities abound to meet people from around the world and enjoy exclusive access to its renowned programs. These include cultural celebrations, free language lessons, complimentary admission to IHP's international cinema, social events, concerts, dining excursions, leadership development opportunities, and so much more. The global Philadelphia community comes together at IHouse.
The Range of Countries Represented Includes…
- DR Congo
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United States
The U.S. Education Institutions Represented Include...
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Community College of Philadelphia
- Drexel University Harcum College
- Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania International SOS Assistance
- Irish Immigration Center JP Morgan Chase
- Kaplan International Nationalities Service Center
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts Rosemont College
- Temple University Thomas Jefferson University
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital United Health Services
- The University of Pennsylvania The University of the Sciences
- UPM Chase Villanova University
Participant Comment (TO DO: styling needed here)
"International House creates an environment that is unique to any place I have ever lived. I was lucky enough to spend a year of my life there. I gained intercultural respect and understanding, lifelong friendships, and leadership skills...It was truly a rewarding experience."
- Vivian Vy Nguyen, Vietnam, graduate student at University of Pennsylvania
- Accomplished international students gain a better understanding and appreciation of American culture
- Top international students and professors feel supported while in the U.S.
- Companies gain access to real-time knowledge of specific national customs, preferences and language choices, geo-political insights, and form lasting networks
- Companies gain vital professional development and networking opportunities for their employees
- Companies are branded as positive and proactive global citizens invested in effective corporate social responsibility
Opportunities For Employee Engagement And Sponsor Recognition
Sponsorship includes host opportunities for employees to get involved in the students stay throughout the academic year as fits their schedule
- Enjoying Professional Development opportunities though expansion of cultural knowledge
- Leveraging Networking opportunities with accomplished students, academic leaders and other corporations
- Hosting sponsored students at corporate events;
- Hosting sponsored students for American Holidays;
- Introducing sponsored students to the wealth of cultural, civic and sports activities in the Philadelphia region;
- Mentoring the sponsored students;
- Attending cultural and social events at IHouse.
Sponsor Recognition Includes:
- Named Corporate Scholarship featured in IHouse materials
- Opportunity for Scholarship celebration ceremony hosted at IHouse by IHouse CEO Tanya Steinberg
- Corporate Name and Logo featured on IHouse handouts and print materials, magazine and annual report
- Corporate name and logo with hyperlink, QR code and social media links featured on the IHouse website and in media releases